May 19, 2008

Today's Report

Shelly got some good news after this morning's MRI. No new tumors and the old ones are noticeably smaller!

The bad news is that it then took two hours to find a vein to start her chemo. She was really discouraged as she thought they might send her home without the chemo. Finally an IV nurse came in and got her started right away.

What should have been a three hour visit turned into an eight hour ordeal. But we're not complaining. All the news remains good.

The final chemo in three weeks will present some tough decisions. Because she is doing so well the choices can range from a chemo holiday to continued chemo albeit at a reduced rate, to no chemo at all. just the fish! She knows of hundreds of people doing just that.

Right now we're feeling tired but good.

'Till next time.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Shelly, I was in phone contact today, so I already knew the great news. But Hoooooray anyway...From a guy who never heard of the word BLOG until feb of '08, I now find that I must blog, daily...you and this blog are like Ruffles....you can't eat just one ,,,,,I think it is the ruffles ad, I am thinking of, or is it Doritos? Like Andrew says, Whatever!...Anyway, I love you and thanks for the good news. Uncle Ernie

Anonymous said...

Dear Shelly,
FABULOUS!!!! You are amazing! WOW!
XOX Heath

Alice Freed said...

I'm with Ernie. Can't go more than about 8 hours without checking the blog to get the sort of GOOD good news that you (we) got again today. Oh Shelly... such terrific wonderful news. The intravenous problem sounds pretty unpleasant and the after-effect of the chemo might give you some lousy days but this is all going in a very positive direction so I hope that knowledge strengthens you even when you are feeling down. Hurray and love to all the tired Waxmans. Alice

Anonymous said...

Harvey, Thanks very much for that report. Made our day! Just for that, the Waxmans will receive a few extra zucchini deliveries during this Summer's harvest.
Shelly, Speaking of zucchini, (Carl and your Dad will disagree), I have it on good authority that zucchini has great healing powers.
Plus I think that I now know where Al Capp got his idea for the "Shmoos." In case you're wondering about Shmoos, your Dad will most likely remember them. They were good for EVERYTHING, just like zucchini. If you don't like them on your plate, you can always use them for playing football. I started cultivating the "farms" today. But I digress. Glad to hear that you continue to do so well. Will be planting next week. See you then. Will call. Hutch & Lore

Anonymous said...

"Shmoos," "Al Capp," zookeeny" ... Shelly is much to young to know what these things are .... What she needs is sunshine, salt air, pino grigio, and pizza!!!

The best news we've heard ;ately!! Keep up those reports ....