Her hemoglobin and white cells are too low and are clearly causing her symptoms. While time will allow the numbers to improve she got a shot of something to boost the white count. We'll check the blood on Monday to see if she needs more.
Also there will be close consultation with Mass. General to modify her chemo. There are newer drugs that are being investigated and maybe will take less of a toll on her. We'll find out more by the middle of next week.
Thanks to everyone.
3 comments:
Hi, Was not able to get much work done, as I kept pulling up blog to see if there was a new entry, I am pleased to have read what I did and hope things will turn around for Shelly this weekend.Our love, hopes, thoughts and prayers go out to you all and will try to check in by phone. This a.m we went to Alexis'graduation from pre-school. 17 5 year olds in purple caps with tassels and gowns. Sally and I throughly enjoyed the whole thing.took pics and video..So Jill can play it someday godwilling at her wedding, I know I will not be alive to be there but I just hope the groom has no piercings or tatoos....Love Ernie...Going to Broadway Series at 2:00 pm SAT. to see Chorus Line...seen many times, but it is part of our series and I do like the music...Unk E
I'm so pleased to read the good news! Someone sent me an e-mail today which made me think of our conversation the other night, Shelly: This life may not be the party we planned but dance while the party goes on.
Love you so much,
Aunt Sally
Dear Shelly, Okay, this lastest report is good news, in the sense that it is the drugs that are making you feel so lousy. That doesn't make feeling lousy any better of course so yuck on the chemo. Still, I hope you are feeling a little better than last week at this time. And if you are, then whatever pleasure you can find for today - grab it by the neck and make it yours!! Love you sweetie, Alice
Post a Comment